2011-02-13

Snapshots are not backups

Well, frankly, I don't care. If I told him once, I told him a thousand times, "Don't go, Julie!" I said, "It's the Ides of March; beware already. Don't go, Julie, don't go…..

Wayne and Schuster - rinse the blood off my Toga

Rinse the Blood off my Toga - Wayne and Schuster

I grew up on this stuff, and it is actually quite funny.

But bringing this back to a relevant subject.

If I told him once I told him a thousand times, "Snapshots are not backups!", I said "It's the Ides of March; beware already. they are not backups, Julie, they are not backups.….."

Well if you don't believe me, then believe VMware. There is official KB 1025279 -
Best practices for virtual machine snapshots in the VMware environment 
(modifications are my own, refer to the original for the full article)

If I told him once I told him a thousand times, "Snapshots are not backups!", I said "It's the Ides of March; beware already. they are not backups, Julie, they are not backups.….."

And thanks to Raphael Schitz for inspiring this post